Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Lacevember!

The knitting questions, or the usual suspects

How long have you been knitting? I guess almost two years? I don't really know.

How did you learn to knit? I taught myself.

Favorite thing about knitting? Everything! Okay, not everything. Casting on 437 stitches isn't much fun, but all the rest of it is!

How long have you been knitting lace? My very first project was lace, actually. After some initial experimental swatching, I dove right into the Heirloom Baby Afghan from the craft yarn website.

Favorite thing about knitting lace. The fact that I usually never get bored, and the finished product.


The yarn questions, or flash your stash

Favorite lace yarn? So far my favorite has been Knitpicks Shadow

variegated or solids for shawls? Depends. For really intricate lace, I like a solid or heathered. If it's not too busy a pattern, I do love me some variagated.

Favorite lace color? Purple!


Technique, or show us your skillz

Circs or straights? Circs.

Favorite lace knitting trick? Counting along the purl row and just picking up the bar between stitches if you mis a yarn over. Or, alternately, if you're knitting lace on DPNs and have to do a YO right at the point where the needles switch, skip it and pick up the bar the next row.

Lifelines? If so with what? I live dangerously. I've never put in a lifeline.

Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet? I use the Yarn Harlot method, which is to string a thread through the top edge and then pin the heck out of the rest.


Pattern, or can you follow directions

shawls or lacey items? Shawls

triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls? I love circular shawls, but I haven't knit one yet.

Charts or printed instructions? I can get along with charts just fine if they're not 20 inches wide and teeny tiny blocks, but I do prefer printed instructions

Favorite lace you've knit? Hedera

Favorite lace you want to knit? Tea Shawl from Gathering of Lace


Just Fun, yup that's right, just for fun

Favorite jelly belly flavor? Mango

Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red..... Uhhhhhh, he was Leif Erikkson's father? And a viking?

Coke, classic or with lime? Ew, neither. Dr. Pepper all the way.

Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves? I like them the few days before Christmas, but I think starting them right after Halloween is excessive and makes me want to poke my eyes out with sporks by Thanksgiving.

What is the definition of irony? Well, it's not a black fly in your chardonnay, I can tell you that.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? Let's find out. One... two... *crunch!*

Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door? Because the cat is mad at your son and wants him to step in it.

What is your superhero power? Able to wrangle 3 short people on a single hour's sleep!

If the laundry is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that's a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be? Black and white for the floor, lavender for the walls

What's for dinner tonight? It's way too early to worry about that.

What is clogging my children's bathtub drain? Alligators

No comments: