Saturday, May 07, 2005

Progress is being made, I swear

I suck and I'm weird and I love living in the country.

First why I suck. My friend Betty was going on a trip, and I assured her that when she got back, I'd have my scarf all finished and my blog updated with pictures. Um, yeah. She got back on freaking WEDNESDAY, and you see how I've got the scarf all finished and pics up, right? You don't? Oh, that's because I didn't. I suck. So I went to go get pictures of the (unfinished) scarf and the blanket which has held my knitting attention lately, and the camera battery died. It's 5:00 in the morning, so I'm not going rummaging through everything to find the charger. See, if I had put the charger away, I'd know where it is. But nooooooooooooo, my husband put it away. He has some gene that makes it impossible for him to put anything away in the same place twice. Anyway.

On to why I'm weird. I've found myself fondling my knitting needles. Yes, fondling them. I just sit there with a nice smooth aluminum size 8 in my hand and run my fingers up and down it, up and down, up and down. I think Brian might have gotten a little turned on watching me do this. Heeeeee! I dont' know why. It just feels good in my hand. So, I'm weird.

And I love to live in the country. I love to live in the country. I love it. Love it. Love it, damn it. I have to remind myself of this. Because in the last month, we've had not one, not two, but THREE, count 'em, THREE flat tires. One time it was two at once. Isn't that FUN? Don't you wish you could live in the country and change flat tires on a gravel road TOO? I bet you do. You're just seething in your jealousy, aren't you? Yeah, I know it.

So since I don't have any pictures of my knitting, how about some of my jewelry? Yeah? Okay, talked me into it. To tell you the truth, I haven't even gotten my bead board out in -- let's see, how long have I been knitting? Don't remember, but that long. So here's a few of the last things I made. I was in the mood to play with wire.

Here's a loverly green bracelet that my friend Meagan bought from me. I made her some cute earrings to match.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


And here's that bracelet's bastard orange brother:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

This is a replica of what I made my mother for Mother's Day. She owns about 50 bazillion t-shirts with the flag on it, so she'll love this.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

And some cute little earrings. :)

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

There. Now I feel like I did something. I still suck, and I need to find the camera batteries, but this'll do for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my bracelet & earrings. Snap, you are quite talented. :)

Next I'll be asking for a baby blanket.